Since I have somehow opened a new blog in just the third (of 3) sections of the very first module of Blogging for Beginners – WordPress.com Courses (wpcourses.com) it seems somehow appropriate that I should, right here on said blog titled Starting Over From Scratch, draft a new introduction for myself and possibly for this new blog as well.
The lesson tells me that performing this exercise will help me focus my own ideas for my blog. I feel, based on my thoughts so far, along with what I had on my old blog, it may really do that. This means there may actually be hope for me to become a real live, full-fledged, semiprofessional blogger yet!
Revisiting what I said when I first started blogging
I started my blog “My Self Evident Truths…valid arguments against may be considered” https://hbsuefred.wordpress.com/ to communicate with the world outside of my own successively shrinking (in local metropolitan area size and population) localities. I started that blog then to communicate with the other parts of world, or so I thought at the time.
Revisiting what I’ve accomplished since I first started blogging
So much and hardly anything at all! Really, though, I do take some personal pride in many of the things I at least started during this time. I think much of that is attributable to where I was living for most of it.
Oak Ridge, TN (2014 – 2019
- ORICL (Oak Ridge Institute for Continued Learning)
- A perfect blend of those who love to learn with those who love to teach
- I spent most of my time here
- History Curriculum Chair
- Trip Planning Committee
- Memoir Writing and Genealogy Classes
- Explore Oak Ridge – Convention and Visitors Bureau
- ADFAC (Aid To Distressed Families of Appalachian Counties
- Affordable Housing Committee
- Development Committee
- Board of Housing and Code Appeals
- Community Mediation Services
- Tennessee Promise Mentor
- Heritage and Preservation Association Museum Docent
- American Museum of Science and Energy
- City Council Candidate
- Anderson County Democratic Party
- League of Women Voters Recording Secretary
- Friends of ORNL (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
- Friends of Oak Ridge Public Library Volunteer
- Four or five book clubs
What I’d like to do – So much and hardly anything at all (again)!
- Finalize my divorce
- Keep up with books for discussions in four or five book clubs
- Maintain connections with friends old and new, near and far
- Keep my mom safe and sound.
- Try not to kill her for however long we cohabit my childhood home
- Continue writing and trying to make it look at least semiprofessional
- New Blog
- Old Memoir